Current Time 7:24:13am
Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB to participate in the AAA Great Vacations EXPO Jan. 22-24
Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB to participate in
the AAA Great Vacations EXPO Jan. 22-24
CAMBRIDGE, OHIO (Jan. 6, 2016) – The Cambridge/Guernsey County Visitors & Convention Bureau, along with area attractions, will participate in the Great Vacations Travel EXPO, presented by AAA. The EXPO will take place January 22-24, 2016 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in downtown Columbus.
“This is a one-stop shop for everything travel-related. Attendees have a unique opportunity to talk one-on-one with top travel experts and take home the best advice, values, and EXPO-only deals. This is one of the best shows of the year and perfect for us to attend because it attracts leisure travelers planning their vacations for 2016 and 2017,” said Debbie Robinson, Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB executive director. “It’s a wonderful event for the entire family to enjoy. Look for us in booths #128,130 & 132.”
Tourism partners joining the VCB in their booths this year are Deerassic Park Education Center who will have their S.A.F.E. Archery set up for attendees to try out their archery skills; Living Word Outdoor Drama; the Wilds; Cambridge Main Street; the National Museum of Cambridge Glass; Dickens Victorian Village; Salt Fork Festival, and Guernsey County History Museum.
With more than 250 exhibits, attractions and events ‐ including Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB ‐ the EXPO is a destination in itself. Favorite travel spots come alive with interactive events and experiences that are as entertaining as they are helpful and educational. Specific attraction areas within the EXPO will include:
- Vacation Marketplace: featuring hundreds of the world’s top travel destinations
- Paradise Pavilion: with information and deals on warm, tropical vacations and resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands: A special feature area highlighting everything from Cedar Point, to Put-in-Bay and quiet beach escapes that are close to home
- AAA Explore Store: Packed with free guidebooks, maps, brochures and travel gear
- AAA Travel Stage: Appearances, live entertainment, events and workshops led by leading travel experts and well-known celebrities
- The Great Outdoors, presented by Metro Parks: A large, lush, living landscape where guests will be inspired by outdoor experiences
- Celebrity and expert appearances, including Travel Channel's Samantha Brown, Sunday, Jan. 24
- Taste of the Place, Friday, Jan. 22, where guests can sample iconic foods from more than a dozen great destinations
- Prime Timers Day for guests age 55 or older, also takes place Friday, Jan. 22, featuring $2 ‐ ‐ rate admission, plus events designed especially for senior travelers
- Kids Day, Saturday, Jan. 23, featuring workshops, activities, mascots and the “Passport For Prizes” contest with an incredible Grand Prize Trafalgar family vacation, Pioneer Adventures of the Old West
The Great Vacations Travel EXPO opens Friday, January 22 and runs through Sunday, January 24, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Downtown Columbus. EXPO hours are Friday 12 p.m. ‐ 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. ‐ 7 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. ‐ 5 p.m. Tickets are $8 at the door (AAA members who show their card receive 50%‐off admission). Children 16 and under are admitted free. For additional event details or to purchase tickets in advance, visit AAAGreatVacations.com. For an opportunity to win tickets, check out the VCB’s Facebook page facebook.com/VisitGuernseyCounty.